Consider the facts:
- It takes about a gallon of oil to make a new laser cartridge.
- Almost 8 cartridges are thrown away per second in the United States alone!
- In North America alone, over 350 million cartridges per year are discarded in our landfills, and that number increases by 12 percent annually!
- A laser cartridge thrown into landfill can take up to 450 years to decompose. Some components made of industrial grade plastics will take over a thousand years to decompose.
- Every remanufactured cartridge saves nearly 3 and 1/2 pounds of solid waste from being deposited in landfills.
- Remanufacturing cartridges reduces pollution. Almost 90% of empty cartridges are incinerated or dumped in landfills.
- 70 percent of used printer cartridges throughout the world are currently being thrown out.
- In one year, if the world’s discarded cartridges were stacked end-to-end, they would circle the earth over three times.
Chicago Cartridge is providing consumers and businesses with an alternative to protect the future of our environment. This proactive solution to waste reduction is a Win/Win for consumers, entrepreneurs and the environment.
With our continued commitment to recycle printer cartridges, we look forward to the day when recycling cartridges is as common as separating waste material in our homes for the recycle bins.
Every single cartridge saved from a landfill makes a difference. But imagine the difference made when 1,000 or even 1,000,000 cartridges are saved? This will not only protect our environment but save consumers thousands of dollars.
Now imagine the difference when individuals, then organizations, then cities, then states and then nations start participating! That is Impact with Effect! At Chicago Cartridge we are not only making a difference, we are changing the world!
This message must get out!
It is important that the following message gets out to the 80% of printer users who dispose of their printer cartridges.
Please consider the environment before you throw out another cartridge!